Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Vegas, Baby!

Yes, it's true, at 36 weeks pregnant, I climbed onto a plane and flew to Vegas for the weekend... some may call me irresponsible, but I had an appointment with my OB 2 days prior to leaving and got the go-ahead and even a note from her saying that I was okay to travel. So I went! I found it interesting that the same weekend I flew out, another woman due in January, gave birth on a flight from Chicago to Salt Lake and they had to be diverted into Denver. Some of the folks making comments to the article on 9news.com really felt strongly that the mother was a jerk for flying so late in her pregnancy... personally, I think that if you get the okay from your doctor, and are not prone to pre-termn labor, then why not?! Ya know? Some people are just way too outspoken and opinionated. It's kind of none of your business, people!!! Ha!

Anyways, be it irresponsible or not, we had a wonderful time on our little Babymoon to Vegas this weekend. I didn't take many pictures because we didn't to much that was "picture worthy", and I was too lazy to just snap shots along the way, I guess.

We flew out Friday and Ryan had a softball practice that afternoon, and then we went out to dinner and enjoyed an evening at the Stratasphere with some of his teammates (including a trip up the tower to check out the views... see, I was responsible, I didn't go on the rides up there at least, ha!). Then Saturday their first game was at 12:40pm and I was the score-keeper... they ended up making a valient come-back after being down by 8 runs in the 3rd inning, but still couldn't pull out the win, they lost 18-17 in 7 innings. Then they played again at 4:10pm in a must-win since it was a double-elimination tournament, and again, they played great, they were up most of the game, but the other team had a big scoring inning in the 5th and we just couldn't come back enough, so we ended up losing that game 13-12 in the 7th as well. Bummer. So by around 6pm on Saturday, the tournament was over for the Outlaws. Oh well! We enjoyed the hot-tub (well, I put my feet in, the rest of the gang enjoyed it) and then went back to the strip to walk around and have a late night dinner. Sunday we slept in a bit and then went and watched the Broncos game at Hooters (gotta love it!) and then rested a bit... then Ryan tossed around the football with the guys and I went and hit the stairmaster in the fitness center for a bit and then we all got cleaned and dressed up and hit up the Mandalay Bay Buffet... mmm, I out-did myself, I really did. Did someone say crab legs? Yes please. Mm, so good. After the 3-hour buffet experience, Ryan and I went to collect his football bet winnings at the Stratasphere and then went back to the hotel.

Monday was our last day and we had until 2pm at the hotel and then our flight was scheduled for 8:10pm, so we slept in and packed up and got lunch and relaxed a bit and then eventually we took off for the Hoover Dam... unfortunately it was a cold rainy day, so the amount of time we spent on the observation deck overlooking the dam was limited to how much we could stand of the lovely "desert" weather! But here's a picture of Ryan peering over the edge of the observation deck and saying "can we go back inside now?" and then a picture of me saying "sure as soon as you take a picture of me!!"... :)


I promise to be a better photographer when I'm a mommy... I know I'm bad about capturing moments now... I used to be better and need to be in the future, that's for sure!

Anyways, so that was our Babymoon! We made it! No mid-air baby emergencies or complications, just a wonderful busy but relaxing trip to Vegas a mere 4 weeks before our little bundle is due to arrive :)
*alliwilli

3 comments:

Carmine said...

People that tell you what to do or not do need to shut their yap! It's between you and your doctor!

So glad that you had a great Babymoon and only 24 more days until you're due!

krave said...

The rule of parenting that I stick to the most is MAKE NO APOLOGIES (you'll hear me say that a lot). Believe me, as a parent, you are going to be judged and scorned and questioned and criticized more than you ever have been before in your life. And as long as you aren't doing something damaging to yourself and/or your child (which your DOCTOR even said you were safe!) then you need not answer to anyone else.

I'm glad you guys got away! I miss random trips, overnighters, weekend getaways the most as a parent. It's important to do as many of those things now as you can (and go out to dinner... go to the movies... do other things that aren't easy to come by when you have a child). Wish someone had pointed THAT stuff out to me before I became a parent!

Take care of yourself and William Williams! ;) Love ya.

Sonal Modisette said...

you are so cute!! I would've gone to Vegas too - I don't know why folks have to judge everyone! I am glad you had fun - it was cold!!