Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Family Jewels

Hello, and welcome to December... brr, it is COLD here in Colorado so far this December! Good thing we're getting out of Dodge and are heading for the desert! Las Vegas, baby! Yeppers, yesterday we had our 36 week OB appt and Dr. Gibson gave us the go-ahead to enjoy the weekend in Vegas (assuming I relax and stay off my feet as much as possible, and stay hydrated while flying and all that jazz). I'm planning to bring my camping chair and just park myself by the softball fields and watch, read, relax, enjoy the warm sun. Can't WAIT.

So anyways, while we were at the doctor, she did an ultrasound to check the baby's position (head down, yay!) and fluids (all good), and also asked us if we wanted her to try to find out the gender since our first ultrasound was a bust in that regard, and we were like "YES PLEASE!"... and that's when she found them... the family jewels... tucked there between HIS legs. Yep! It's a boy! Ryan is very excited. All that knuckleball practice this summer will come in handy after all... hahaha!

So hooray for knowing the gender! It seems surreal at this point because we'd come so close to the end without knowing, but now we can get some cute boy clothes, so that is very fun. I feel like it can't possibly be true because we haven't known for so long. But it's so cool! I posted pictures to our family blog if you're interested.

Anyways, I will report in next week after our Vegas Adventures!
Happy December!
*alliwilli

2 comments:

krave said...

I am floored that you are traveling! I was housebound for the last three months! GOOD FOR YOU... enjoy it!! Little random weekends (and nights, sigh) away with Dave are one of the things I miss most about being a parent.

SO EXCITING to hear the boy news! There's nothing like it. Apparently, girls are fabulous too but I can't speak from experience. BOYS though? YEAH. They are the best.

xoxo

Sonal Modisette said...

ohhh it's a boy!! congrats - boys are so sweet and they love their mamas :-)