Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jeggings? Really??

... Just because "skinny jeans" weren't tight enough, we now have "Jeggings". ??? Really people?! Oy. Why. What happened to the day of the relaxed fit jean? HA! Okay, I'm not THAT out of touch, I see the cute gals running around with their skinny jeans and boots looking all equestrian and preppy and what-not, and I won't lie, it looks really cute on some gals... but I'm a girl who loves to wear jeans with sneakers and a cute top. I want jeans that fit nicely (not bustin' a sag, not a hula-hoop waist and tight butt/thighs, not so low they give me plumber butt... but a nicely fitting perhaps even "bootcut" pair of jeans that look great with a super hot top and heels OR a long sleeved t-shirt and sneaks.

Anyways, today I was in the GAP and I love the GAP... but I saw their jeggings and just busted out laughing. "REALLY?!" I said as I held them up to Ryan, "what ARE these??!"... HA! Alas, I did find myself a wonderful pair of jeans today at GAP... they are the curvy fit... they sit just below the waist, but don't "bare all" when I sit down or bend over (I'm a mother here people), they fit at the waist, through the rear and the thighs, and they open a bit at the ankle so they give my pear-shaped body a bit of balance. And the best part? I didn't have to buy a size 12... phew, this mama is back to a size 10, which, at Gap, is about right for me. An 8 is a goal, but not a necessity. Phew. :)

Next topic... I started my sit-ups challenge last night! I did my initial test last Wednesday and decided to start fresh this Monday, so last night I did the following with 60 second breaks in between, while watching 'How I Met Your Mother'... 21, 27, 21, 21, 31. Excellent! Today is an off-day, and tomorrow I'll hit up Day 2, Week 3, Column 3. Join me!

Oh, and my kickbox class at Futo Kan was AWESOME... why does everything have to be so EXPENSIVE though? If I want to continue after my Groupon rate is up, it's $75 for a month... um, yeah, I can MAYBE make it twice a week... on a good week... that's a bit steep for me! Oh well! I'm loving my TurboFire workout DVDs, so I'll just stick with those till running season kicks into high gear outside! (Sure it's fun to run in the snow/rain/etc, but not with a stroller!!!).

Okay, enough rants for one snowy Tuesday...
Stay warm!
*alliwilli

1 comment:

Carmine said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Gap jeans curvy fit. Those are the best! Glad that you could find a pair of jeans that you like!

Good job on your sit ups too, wish I could join you!